Kaplan Turbines are used on rivers with high flow rate with almost no jump. In Kaplan Turbines with Radial Design, the Inlet is a spiral case positioned around a distributor. Water enter radial the distributor changing its direction perpendicular to the propeller shape Runner, causing its rotation.
- Spiral Case: fabricated ducts where water flows before entering the Distributor.
- Distributor / Wicket Gate: physical element distributing water toward the Runner.
- Runner Hub: main structures of the Runner, where are mounted the blades.
- Stator Frame: containing the Rotor, need to minimize vibration and noise level.
- Bearing Brackets: fabricated external structure of bearing, used as antifriction system of turbine axel.
- Ducts / dampers / flaps / butterfly valves: assembled structures used to modulate water control.
Gotti Production Highlights:
- Fabrication of Complex Product: up to 18 tons weight and 200 mm thickness, with hydraulic profile.
- Complete package supply: integrated fabrication (including PWHT + NDE), + qualified outsourced products and services (mechanical machining, pickling & passivation, painting) + packing and special transportation.
- Excellence in Hot Forming and Cold Bending of Plates / Pipes / Welded Structures.